Cash App has gained worldwide popularity not only because it allows users to request, send, and receive money, but also offers numerous reasons for people to prefer Cash App. One of the key features is that it is a highly secured platform. This P2P (peer-to-peer) app enables individuals to access their old Cash App account regardless of what the reason is.
We generally have innumerous apps on our mobile devices with each one requesting to create an account. In case you have forgotten your password and email address after creating your Cash App account or you don’t have your previous phone number that was registered on the app when you signed up, you don’t need to panic.
Cash App consumers can go through a simple process to access their old Cash App account. Since your data is stored in the Square Cash database, it is quite convenient to retrieve your old Cash App account.
Process to access old Cash App account
- Launch the Cash App on your device (Android or iPhone).
- On the Cash App home screen, tap the ‘Profile’ icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the ‘Personal’ option.
- Enter the login details – your old email address or phone number.
- Next, you will receive a sign-in code on your old email id or mobile number.
- Verify the code received.
- After successful verification, your old and new Cash App account will be merged.
How to regain access to your old Cash App account without mobile number?
Cash App allows the users to access their old Cash App account even if they have lost their old registered mobile number. To do so, follow these simple steps:
Read Also >> How to add money to a Cash App Card?
- Firstly, you need to create a new Cash App account if you are not registered.
- You need to activate your Cash App Card (debit card). For that, you need to provide your personal details including name, date of birth, and Social Security Number (SSN).
- Now, you need to link your same bank account and debit card that were earlier connected with your old Cash App account.
- Once done, navigate to the Cash App home screen.
- Click the ‘Profile’ icon.
- Select the ‘Support’ option.
- Next, tap the ‘Something Else’ option.
- Click ‘Can’t Access Account.’
- Tap ‘Contact Support’ and submit your request through an email.
- After request submission, you will instantly receive an email from the Cash App support team for the verification of your personal information.
- Attest the details linked to your old and new account.
- Once the verification is complete, your old and new Cash App accounts will be merged.
Troubleshoot your Cash App account
People have a tendency to try new passwords and end up forgetting them, eventually leading to troubles like the app getting locked. So, here are a few suggestions that you must keep in mind in order to unlock your Cash App:
- Make sure your smartphone is connected to a strong internet connection.
- Ensure that your Cash App is updated to the latest version.
- Run a quick scan on your mobile to check that your device is not affected by any viruses and bugs.
- Always login your account from the official Cash App website or mobile app. Refrain from accessing your account from a third-party app or an unauthorized link.
- Delete all the unnecessary temporary files, cache, and cookies as such files can slow down the performance of your mobile device.
These simple steps, as listed above, will always come handy to resolve and help you access your old Cash App account. However, it will be a wonderful idea to save your login details in a note or a document for your own safety. Privacy is crucial for all Cash App users and therefore, this application ensures that there is an extra layer of protection especially while making payments.